One of the most challenging aspects of working in the mortgage loan industry is keeping up a steady flow of leads. After all, without a solid lead pipeline, you will not be able to grow or sustain your business.
To ensure you maintain proper lead-generating channels, you need to invest in tried-and-true methods that help you keep them coming in. One such strategy is having your own lead-generating website.
This article will not discuss finer starting points of the technical details that create a website, like setting up domain names or hosting. Instead, it will instruct you on the importance of lead-generating sites, how to design a site with lead generation in mind, the usefulness of CRMs, and a few key tips you can use now to increase your mortgage leads.
What is a lead generation website?
A lead generation website is a site that teaches visitors about the specific products and services your mortgage lending company provides while simultaneously collecting useful data about site visitors.
This is highly advantageous because it gives your business the opportunity to inform potential clients about your services, thereby growing customer retention. Additionally, it provides your sales teams with the data they need to market to the right audiences and make sure they are hitting the right pain and selling points for your customers.
How do you create a mortgage lead generation website?
You must consider two steps before creating a mortgage lead-generating website: creating the system and creating conversion paths. Each of these comes with a list of steps you need to follow.
But there is a key factor that needs to be established before you can make any other decisions about your site: determining your audience. After all, if you don’t know who your audience is, how will you know who to market to? And how will you know which methods will work best on your target demographics if you don’t know which people make up those groups? Take some time to carefully consider your audience before delving into these lead-generating, site-building tips.
Create a system
The goal of any good mortgage lead-generating website is to convert as many online visitors as possible into viable leads. To do this, you need to set up a solid, workable system designed to bring in and retain as many visitors as possible. Fortunately, there are several different systems you can use.
- Traffic source: The primary source for how people find your website or company in the first place. It can be through referrals, social media, or any number of other sources.
- CTA: A CTA or “call to action” is a straightforward instruction that potential customers are given upon viewing your site or reading an article. It urges them toward an action that you want them to take.
- Inquiry form: It is how a website collects customer information and leads by prompting readers to fill out their names, contact information, and other personal details.
Create conversion paths
Once you have your lead-generating system in place, you need to build solid conversion paths to move potential customers from the window-shopping stage and closer to the purchasing stage of their business relationship with you. There are three standard conversion path stages that you can use to build strong systems for your mortgage lending company.
- TOFU, or top of the funnel, is the awareness stage of a buyer’s interaction with your company. It’s where they first become aware of their problem, research it, and find your business among their preliminary research. For this stage, you need to make sure you provide enough valuable content that your site is a source of information in your potential clients’ research.
- MOFU, or the middle of the funnel, is where clients consider the specific mortgage lending solutions you provide, and they are actively researching specific solutions. You need to continue providing a lot of information at this stage because potential clients are still not ready to buy yet. Take the chance to unforcefully guide them toward using your company’s services.
- BOFU, or bottom of the funnel, is where clients decide to make a purchase or not. These researchers rely on brands and specific products. You need to make sure in this stage that you sell your services as much as you can. Show clients why they should work with you and make your brand stand out.
Website and CMS
Web-building services are incredibly handy, but they come in cookie-cutter formats that leave little room for a business’ self-expression or personality to show through, not to mention all the technological amenities that are missed out on.
If you want your business’ website to truly stand out and help you bring in as many viable leads as possible, you need to invest in a strong, customized website with a built-in content management system (CMS). When you invest in customized services, all the site functions will be rooted in the needs of your specific business, not the potential generic needs of any number of sites.
Tips on increasing mortgage leads
There are many ways you can increase the number of leads that visit your website. Let’s take a closer look at three top methods:
- Use proper keyword research for each page for organic traffic and inquiries.
- Create content around those keywords. Typically, you should invest in building up informational content that teaches potential leads about the topics they’re researching. This gives you credibility and builds lead loyalty.
- Properly motivate your audience with CTA buttons. If your audience doesn’t feel inspired to take action after seeing your CTA button, you need to change it to inspire a stronger response. Popular CTAs that are used today include “Learn More,” “Save Now,” “Subscribe,” and “Get Started.”
Invest in a lead-generating website today!
Building the best mortgage lead-generating website for your business takes a lot of work, but it’s the only way to bring in a full pipeline of leads to sustain and grow your business. Take the time to invest in proper strategies and systems that will push you toward success, and pay careful attention to each step in the TOFU/MOFU/BOFU processes.
One key strategy you can use to attract the right customers, automate as many processes as possible, and then amplify all of the results to expand your business is by using an Unfair Advantage designed to help you through each of those steps!