One of the best ways loan officers can help ensure the success of their businesses is by using a mortgage CRM system. Fortunately, there are many different mortgage-based CRMs on the market today, but not all of them are made equal.
Each has certain advantages and benefits that can significantly impact the success of your business. First, however, you need to understand the differences between programs to ensure you’re choosing not just the best mortgage CRM system, but the best one to fit your specific needs.
- Understand what a Mortgage CRM platform is.
- Compare multiple CRM platforms to find which best suits your needs.
- Learn what to look for when choosing the right CRM for your business.
- Understand the benefits of a quality CRM platform.
What is a mortgage CRM?
CRM stands for customer relationship management. A mortgage CRM is a software platform designed to help loan officers manage, track, and nurture relationships with all their leads and clients. The goal of a quality CRM is to help organize, increase efficiency, create better time management, and provide an improved relationship with all your contacts.
Top CRM solutions for loan officers
There are many mortgage CRM software systems on the market today. This can make it difficult to narrow down your choices to the best one for you. To help with that process a little, here are the descriptions, features, and disadvantages of the five top CRM software systems on the market today:
Velocify is one of the top CRM software systems in the world. It has many wonderful features and a large, satisfied client base of over 1,500 companies. Velocify combines a mix of digital marketing, sales, customer service, and top-quality integrated communication services. This is to ensure that their system is the best one to help businesses generate leads, turn them into clients, and speed up the sales process while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Cohesive sales and marketing dashboard
- Pipeline management
- Data analytics
- Automated email and text message marketing
- Callback calendar reminders
- Integrated mortgage coaches
- Referral management
- Personalized loan scenario presentations
- Intelligent sales workflow
Must contact directly for individual pricing structure.
Pricing is difficult to determine, making this service riskier for smaller businesses.
2. BNTouch Mortgage CRM
BNTouch Mortgage CRM provides users with a fully integrated, digital system that features marketing, analytical, and POS tools. Each of these works in unison with the others to ensure that your business is thriving and growing on the market, outstripping competitors with its many unique features.
- Price packages for every budget
- SMS marketing automation
- Lead distribution management
- Email marketing
- Proprietary mortgage tools
- Digital applications
- Pre-built marketing content
- Automated and curated social media content
- Integration with LOS, Outlook, Zapier, and Others
Pricing ranges from $148/month for individuals to as low as $69/month per user for teams of 10 or more. An activation fee is also required, ranging from $69 to $99.
- Poor customer service
- Confusing email system
- Steep learning curve
Jungo is another CRM system that specializes in servicing mortgages, lending, and other finance-based companies. It has a cloud-based CRM built on the foundation of Salesforce CRM to provide valuable customization processes that other CRMs do not have.
- In-built templates for flyers, documents, etc.
- Loan document management
- Video email capabilities
- Lead capturing
- Loan referral tracking
- Document collection sending
- Automated concierge packages
- Loan transaction tracking
- Data analytics
- Integration with Act-On, Optimal Blue, and Mortgage Coach
Must contact for individualized pricing.
- High customizability results in a steep learning curve
- Software systems not easy to navigate
- Calculations and conversions hard to input without support assistance
4. Mortgage iQ
Mortgage iQ provides many necessary CRM services for mortgage and lending companies. It is specifically designed with mortgage companies in mind, so it is powerfully equipped in that field where other CRMs with more board service provisions may not be. Mortgage iQ provides users with many helpful tools and strategies to encourage long-term success in their business.
- Lead management
- Marketing services for email, drip campaigns, and more
- Correspondent and consumer direct lenders
- iCloud compatible
- Integrations with Facebook, Five9, Wufoo, and Contact Center Compliance
- Templates and template editor
Must contact for individualized pricing.
- Very small online presence with review sites indicating lesser authority and trustworthiness than some competitors.
- Limited loan and data tracking
- Limited analytics
Surefire CRM is yet another CRM provider geared toward assisting mortgage loan officers in their daily work. It features many “set and forget” elements in its coding that allow for less human interaction with the system than some CRMs have. This can save officers quite a bit of time and money that they can then use to build better relationships with existing clients and garner new ones with CRM-developed leads.
- Easy-to-use workflows
- Follow-ups with lead generations
- Geographical and other demographic-specific generation techniques
- High-quality customer service
- Easy integration
- Future development roadmaps
- Room to scale
- Automation for most features
- Multi-step campaigns
PricingStarting price is $150/month per user, with different pricing tiers available.
- Lacking quality self-reporting features
- Limited customization
- Steep learning curve due to excess features
Pipedrive is a well-rounded CRM designed to be easy to use for everyone. While not a mortgage-industry-specific CRM, Pipedrive offers reasonable pricing options, as well as the ability to add on additional features in order to customize it to meet your needs, such as LeadBooster to help with lead generation.
- Easy to use
- Robust add-on features
- Integrates with multiple applications
Pricing tiers start at $14.90 per user per month and they offer a 14-day free trial
HubSpot CRM offers essential tools for mortgage lenders on a budget. Their basic CRM offering is free of charge, with the ability to upgrade to a more robust CRM with additional features.
- Pipeline management
- Deal tracking
- Company insights
- Reporting dashboard
- Track and analyze activity in real time
- Live chat
- Meeting scheduler
Basic CRM is available free, with their Starter CRM Suite priced at $45/month and going up to their Enterprise package for $3,600/month
8. Shape Mortgage CRM
Shape Mortgage CRM is a powerful advanced mortgage industry software that uses ShapeIQ technology to qualify and score mortgage leads, allowing for their prioritization in your sales pipeline. While it offers a wealth of powerful tools, it is not as customizable as other CRM platforms.
- ShapeIQ technology
- Document management
- LOS Sync
- Campaign Automation
- Mortgage CRM and lead scoring
- Prioritized pipelines
$99/month for each licensed user
9. Whiteboard CRM
Whiteboard CRM is the perfect choice for loan officers looking for a way to better guide new leads through the pipeline. With tools such as automated welcome messages, requests, and updates, this CRM aims to ensure you stay in constant contact with leads, helping to nurture solid relationships.
- Offers the Mortgage Playbook providing email templates and automated tasks
- Referral tracking
- Lead aggregate integrations to sites such as Zillow and LendingTree
- LOS integrations
- Team-based texting
- Reports and analytics
Pricing is based on total users. The first tier is for a minimum of 3 users up to 9 for $150/month per user while the second tier is for up to 19 users for $125/month per user.
10. Streak CRM
While not a mortgage-industry-specific CRM, Streak CRM is made for those using Gmail and Google Workspace, allowing users to track their pipeline directly through their Google system. Unfortunately, this CRM does not integrate with loan origination systems, meaning you will need to utilize multiple systems.
- Google and Gmail integration
- Email tracking
- Sales pipeline management
- Free option
For single users, Streak offers a free option. Solo pricing is $15 per user per month, with the Enterprise tier starting at $129 per user per month.
11. MyCRM Dashboard
MyCRM Dashboard is a solid CRM platform that integrates with LOS, and offers robust lead management tools, and KPI reporting capabilities. MyCRM focuses its many features on helping you build and nurture strong relationships for the long term through their Connections Program which allows you to set up a series of emails for up to seven years.
- The Connections Program
- LOS integration
- Personalized URLs
- SOC-compliant data center
- Easy to use
Contact for individual pricing options
Keap CRM is a sales and marketing automation platform that allows you to easily capture, organize, and track all of your leads and contacts. In addition to providing a robust CRM platform, Keap also offers expert coaching, training, and support to all users.
- Access to a Business Growth Coach
- 24/7 customer support
- Intuitive automation
- Lead Capture
- Business line that connects to your smartphone
Free 14-day trial with pro plans starting at $129.month for two users, with a $29 fee per user for additional users.
Factors to consider
There are many factors to consider when choosing the right mortgage CRM for you. You need to take the time to carefully research your company’s specific needs and find the software that will best meet those needs. To help determine which factors are most pertinent to your work, let’s look at a few specific examples.
- Integration: Mortgage CRM integration should be a relatively easy, pain-free process. The systems are usually straightforward to understand. If you find that it’s going to take you unthinkable amounts of time to integrate your existing mortgage loan systems, information, and databases with new mortgage CRM software, consider an alternative provider whose system might better match your existing programs.
- Pricing: Making sure your mortgage CRM software stays within a budget is a key factor in determining which system you end up with. You may be tempted to push your budget to get the best possible system out there, but consider where your company is now. If a cheaper option will work efficiently for you over the next three to five years, carefully consider it before you jump on board with a flashier system that may not work for you now.
- Ability to scale: As with most things, you want your mortgage CRM system to be able to grow with your business. You may find a perfect program for where your company is now, but how will that same CRM function a year from now? Or five? Will it be able to expand with your company, or will it need to be replaced?
- Easy implementation: As you’re choosing the right CRM for you, make sure you investigate the ease with which they can be implemented. You don’t want to choose a CRM because it looks great, only to find that working with the system in day-to-day business is too complicated or challenging to keep up with.
Benefits of mortgage CRM
There are many benefits to using a mortgage CRM. Let’s take a quick look at a few of the top reasons you should invest in one today:
- Organization: You can organize your information much more cohesively.
- Automation: Many time-consuming daily tasks can be automated by the system, saving you time and money.
- Customer service: Customer service improves when you’re on top of emails and the information you have. CRMs organize and maintain all of that for you while also offering automated customer service options.
- Analytics and reporting: While CRMs are great at keeping track of vast amounts of information, they are also capable of taking that information, analyzing it, and producing valuable new reports that can boost lead generation and expand the business.
Why do you need a mortgage CRM?
Mortgage CRMs are one of the easiest ways to simplify your workload, manage marketing and client relations, and streamline in-house communication between various clients and projects. However, there are many great CRM providers on the market today, so it can be challenging to choose the right one unless you know what you’re looking for.
If you are looking for a quality CRM along with help boosting your lead generation, the team at Good Vibe Squad and their Unfair Advantage™ program can help. To learn more, book a strategy call today.