LS EP 11: Get a Grip on Your Business and Your Legacy with Lyn Askin
Lyn Askin is a lifetime entrepreneur, highly-accomplished EOS implementer, and digital marketing trailblazer with over 25 years experience. He founded one of the first online auctions in 1996, built his first e-commerce store in 1997, and has been a key innovator in the fields of website building and digital marketing ever since.
Episode 11 Lyn Askin
Create exponential growth and profit for years to come – all while having more free time to focus on what matters most.
In This Episode
The Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) is a set of simple concepts and practical tools used by more than 190,000+ companies around the world to clarify, simplify, and achieve their vision. In this episode, we are joined by one of the top EOS implementers Lyn Askin as he shares his personal story about how EOS dramatically transformed his business – and his life – for the better.
At the heart of EOS are timeless concepts for building a healthy business that can run without you. Most entrepreneurs fall into the extremely common habits of constantly working hands-on in their business 24/7, repeatedly facing the same problems that come up again and again, and running an organization in which every team member seems to be rowing in different directions. It’s inefficient, time-wasting, and unsustainable.
EOS is the proven framework that creates order from all that chaos. During this discussion, Askin shares the simple and actionable steps for implementing the EOS framework in your business: from defining your company’s core values, creating clarity in your team member’s roles, highly-intentional goal setting, and getting to the root of problems to create solutions that work right the first time.
As we explore the real-world benefits of implementing EOS, this discussion brings to light a host of hard-hitting lessons that every mortgage professional should take to heart. Valuable lessons such as: The importance of zoning out and taking a bird’s eye view of your mortgage business to make sure it’s moving in the right direction, clarifying goals and creating systems that guarantee your team members know exactly what they need to do to hit certain growth milestones, and “working in a 90-day world” rather than getting bogged down by the clutter and chaos of day-to-day tasks. These fundamental lessons go hand-in-hand with the EOS framework to unlock the true growth potential of your mortgage business.
Discover Stories and Strategies in this Episode:
- Why you should be building a business that’s sellable (even if you don’t plan on selling it)
- Avoiding the all-too-common leadership habits that perpetuate chaos and prevent growth
- The Vision Traction Organizer (VTO): 8 key questions to align your team toward a common vision
- How to find clarity and avoid the clutter that distracts you from finding meaningful solutions
- Goal Setting & Accountability: What can be measured can be improved
- Working in a 90-day world VS Getting distracted by day-to-day chaos
- Money Likes Speed: Creating solutions that work right the FIRST time, so your team can move onto the next meaningful goal
- Do your meetings suck? Systematize your meetings to reach a 10/10 meeting effectiveness
- The Right People In The Right Seats: Reframing the way you structure your team’s roles
- Separating title and ego from the actual roles that need to be performed
- Language Matters: The psychology and intentionality behind the words we use
Visit the Entrepreneurial Operating System website at EOSworldwide.com
Recommended Readings from The EOS Traction Library:
- GET A GRIP: AN ENTREPRENEURIAL FABLE by Gino Wickman & Mike Paton
- TRACTION: Get A Grip On Your Business (Expanded Edition) by Gino Wickman
- What the Heck is EOS? A Complete Guide for Employees in Companies Running on EOS by Gino Wickman & Tom Bouwer
- HOW TO BE A GREAT BOSS by Gino Wickman and René Boer
- ROCKET FUEL: THE ONE ESSENTIAL COMBINATION by Gino Wickman & Mark C. Winters
More Recommended Readings:
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear – https://amzn.to/3ONAgFz
- The Alter Ego Effect: The Power Of Secret Identities To Transform Your Life by Todd Herman – https://amzn.to/3Ead9jo
- 10X Is Easier Than 2X: How World-Class Entrepreneurs Achieve More by Doing Less by Dan Sullivan & Dr. Benjamin Hardy – https://amzn.to/3KUoM1T
- Buy Back Your Time: Get Unstuck, Reclaim Your Freedom, and Build Your Empire by Dan Martell – https://amzn.to/3PdxURV
- Get Different: Marketing That Can’t Be Ignored! by Mike Michalowicz – https://amzn.to/45L320e
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz – https://amzn.to/3QT8fyU
Lyn Askin is a lifetime entrepreneur, highly-accomplished EOS implementer, and digital marketing trailblazer with over 25 years experience. He founded one of the first online auctions in 1996, built his first e-commerce store in 1997, and has been a key innovator in the fields of website building and digital marketing ever since. After seeing firsthand how EOS had dramatically transformed his own business – and his life – for the better, Askin fell in love with the EOS process. He became an EOS implementer himself to help other agency owners achieve that same level of life-changing success. Today, Askin shares the benefits of EOS with thousands of companies across the globe, helping entrepreneurs to lead more efficiently and take control of the legacy they leave behind.
SCHEDULE AN EOS DISCOVERY CALL WITH LYN ASKIN https://lynaskin.com/eos15
About the Show
For the Mortgage Pro that seeks to become better every day, this show is for you.
We connect with top Loan Originators, Branch Managers, Broker Owners, and various experts to arm you with the strategies and tactics to grow your loan volume.
We get down to business in this show, but you’ll find a lot of laughter with it too. Life’s short, so we have fun.
About the Host
Preston Schmidli is an accomplished serial entrepreneur, sales coach, author, and co-founder of Good Vibe Squad, an award-winning marketing agency for mortgage professionals.
LS EP12: People Over Profit: Prioritizing Purpose in Business with Dr. Natty Bandasak
Learn from some of the best and the brightest in the sales and mortgage industry.
Get Notified When The First Podcast Episode Drops!
Learn real-world examples and insights to elevate your game in the industry. With a lineup of top mortgage professionals, marketing and sales professionals, this show is a treasure trove of knowledge and inspiration.